So I’ve been working a little over the past week or so, and here’s what I’ve added to the game:
- New player sprites based on what tile he’s on:
Tall Grass: Water: Or behind a tree:
- Can walk through leaves (or behind the trees, however you want to look at that)
- Smoother walking (senses multiple key presses at once instead of one at a time)
- Ponds (small lakes)
- Lakes (big lakes)
We’re still on our way to our new goal, but we’re making great progress!
I made lake generation run longer (which means bigger lakes!) and, using the lake generation code, I also implemented tall grass patches which will have a purpose for future updates.
Some smaller details:
- Guy appears in a little boat when entering water
- Fixed a bug where the guy wouldn’t face the right direction after loading a game
Some of my next goals will be chunk loading, removing mobs (will be replaced by something else), and heading towards the game’s finish (still a long road ahead!).